Monday, July 03, 2006

The Indy Race Weekend.

1.
It has been very tiring, the whole week. Traveling is just a part of it and does not contributes the most. The drive back from kampung was cool actually. The part that really tires me up is the things happening in the corporate zoo. Yeah I was the only one to look after the small unit I am in since both bosses are out. Well, it is not really that hard handling the unit alone (especially if you do not have the authority to decide!!!) but it became a challenge when the bosses are back! Things that can be done fast and easy became more complicated. Focus on priority issues gets blurred. Tiring.

2.
One part of the tiredness would be the hoohaa on completing the performance contract of each creature in the zoo. It is supposed to be a simple thing, very straight forward, half an hour seating with the superior should get it done and add 15 minutes to key everything into the frigging system, we are set to do real work! That was what we (me & my direct superior) did last week. While the others were still deliberating about their year plan and get dwelled into deep discussions & debates, we just used the year plan that was decided by the higher level and dived straight into the contract preparation for each of us. No biggie at all. Yes? Well, NO! They really have to have a meet on this for the whole zoo, everybody will have to be there and participate in the discussion, challenge each other's contract to the minute detail.
For whaaaaaat?!!! The other week the creatures that occupy the higher part of the cage had a day or two to discuss their respective contract. Why the hell should it be challenged again, and by the same creatures? I am not really impressed by the way, with how some creature in this zoo tried to look smart and used quotes by almost dead ex-CEOs. Estupido! Imbecil!
10 minutes into the meet, I walked out and do stuffs for about 15 minutes, grabbed a book and went back, let the monkeys fight it out and impress each other. Some of them just have to say something, just for the sake of saying something. Get the bananas out of your butt and eat it among youselves! Dammit these monkeys! I have to use the room next for a bashing the incompetent consultant agenda till the moon is up!
Finally it was done....

3.
Some people really have to impress others, regardless whether they know what they are doing or not. If id does not affect other - it is ok. Unfortunately, there bunch of creatures are those who'd stay at the higher part of the cage, therefore they will always trouble the rest below them.
How convenient, they can just drop an e-mail asking for some info or pack for them to meet the other creatures that sat on top of the cage. In the first place, I do not know why are they there in the first place. Could it be that part of their performance contract is make it difficult to the rest and look important while at it? Maybe I miss it when reading their contract the other day...

4.
The OS dilemma.....here I am at my workstation in the zoo with 3 different machines. One Mac OS X, one Psion on EPOC R5 and one Acer on Windows XP SP1 (don't ask me why it's still SP1!)....ohhh another one...a Symbian device, my P900....but that's just a phone, to the other mortals....
Switch the OS X machine on, in a minute I am ready to do stuffs.

Switch the EOPC R5 machine, I can set to do stuff immediately. Switch the bloody Windows machine, it got stuck, then BSOD (Stewpeed fark! BSOD!!), reboot it, managed to logon and it just stalled immediately after being logged into the LAN.
Idiota.
Not just the OS is unreliable, the bloody hardware is nothing worth paying a single sen to start off with!. I have said it so many time and I will say it again and again - ACER builds the bloodiest most unreliable ugly looking and cheapshit copycat design machines ever....and yet people (and stewpeed policymakers of corporate bodies) buy this useless crap.
If you are earning your income and value your money, NEVER EVER buy ACER products. That is my sincere input, after being stuck with this brand for 10 years due to stewpeed decision/ policy....so, if you are about to get a PC or any It stuff. AVOID ACER at all cost, as long as you live!
....and if you really value every single sen you have earned, you might not want get thet OS made from pirated program and made an idiotageek a billionaire...be it the original version or the pirated RM5 version....cuz in the first place, the original base are pirated, and it have been cursed - by those who was robbed off their programs by that idiotageek!

Since I cannot do anything on the machine given by the zoo. I'll spend more time on the Psion or the Mac today! Great!!
.....oh....and the helpdesk team did not understand when I mentioned BSOD......wonder why.....wonder why!
I made a conscious decision more than 6 months ago to dump windows and get a Mac for personal use....it may be one of the best decision I have ever made in life, never regret the move. Never ever.

6.
Have you read any book recently?
Well I have. Infact I made a conscious effort to actually read at least one book at one point of time, and try to complete it. The latest one I have completed (Yay!) is Jonathan Livingston Seagull, a Story. Written by Richard Bach.
No, it is not one of those only recently released self improvement, business management hoo-haa kinda big seller thingy that many aspiring (read: wannabe) leaders would get (read: buy on company's expense), well you know what I am inferring to - those books written by some famous CEOs or Management Gurus where some people would try hard to quote in meetings, hoping they could impress others and look smart while doing it...
No, it does not belong to that category but it is a book none the less, and we can learn a thing or two from it.

I just want to share two extractions from the paragraphs in this book that I found most interesting and I would use to sum the whole book:
a.
......"Sully, for shame!" Jonathan said in reproach, "and don't be foolish! What are we trying to practicse everyday? If our friendship depends on things like space and time, we've destroyed our own brotherhood! But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
b.
"Your whole body, from wingtip to wingtip," Jonathan would say, other times, "is nothing more than your thought itself, in a form you can see. Break the chains of your thought, and you break the chains of your body too...."

Next book I am about to read is also from Richard Bach - Illusions. Ironically the book was sent by the secretary of the GM of the zoo today with a note to me. He realized I was carrying the Jonathan story recently read earlier paragraph above) and we had a short discussion on the topic then he asked me whether I have read Illusions. I guess the Zoo's Boss realized that I am reading (regardless in meeting or anywhere!!!).




No comments: