Friday, September 12, 2014

Bicycles and their owners








1.
Since 2012, I have owned four Bianchi MTBs and one Marin Hybrid.
Not that I have all for me at once but the first Kuma was stolen, then I got a loaned Kuma, which was later replaced with a Jab 2012 frame which I sold when I finally got a 2014 Jab.
The Marin Hybrid is converted to a tourer and together with the Jab 2014 (both 29ers) I think I have enough to get me going already....and I really make good use of the bikes, about 200-400km a month quite consistently.

2.
To say it is not an expensive hobby, is not quite right. Since I am really making good use of my bicycles, I want to have the best my money can buy....and most importantly the bikes must be tough and enjoyable to be used for the purpose it was built.
...and I don't mind what brand of bicycles anybody who wants to ride with me is using as long as he/she is pleasant and humble enough to not brag about the equipment and just want to enjoy the ride!


3.
When I was happily riding a T-Bolt couple of years ago, I joined some groups of T-Bolt riders.
One particular group was in Putrajaya and they are what you all would term as OTAI (Orang Tua Ada Ilmu - though I could really debate about the Ada Ilmu part!) and as one of the younger members I mostly smile and just follow the ride.

Unfortunately, I met with some of them couple of weeks back.....and boy, am I glad my folks are nothing like them...they might be rich (I can safely say they have couple of millions debt by the way!) but their adab is totally a shame - at the age they are especially.


4.
One of them used to call some Bangladeshi guards who were just doing their job as "Anjing".
The same OTAI used to be-little other riders with lower spec equipments - simply because his rig was customized for some Proton's big-wig who then sold it to him.

Owning certain brand is just "a must" to be in their group. When they are together, they start to "ignore" others around them. Their talks are all about posh stuff and places - heck even their ride  plans are not within this region so who are you to join them unless you are really "their kind of dog"!

Funny thing is, when any - ANY!!!! - of them are just alone or in a small group - and happen to meet with other riders, they actually can "behave"! They can be all sweet and humble!

Happened to me so many times already.

5.
So let me just say it here - Dato'DatukTanSriGeneral kepala kambing apa pangkat korang - please realize that owning a Brompton, Surly does not make you any good rider than the old fart you are. Your attitude and behavior towards other cyclists are sometimes sickening.

NO, I DON'T LIKE YOU....simply because YOU ARE TOO ARROGANT TOWARDS OTHERS WHO ARE NOT YOUR TYPE!

It is still not too late to learn to behave like you want your grandchildren to be...or maybe you just prefer then to be rude and all like you are?


6.
Next time I see these bunch, I would not slow down nor give them the way - they normally hog the path all the time...stupid farts!


7.
Riders beware. This bunch can be very annoying. Just ignore them.

8.
Yes I am mad....at least I have vented it out on this page...so I won't bother about it anymore!

1 comment:

Adib Noh said...

Points noted.