Sunday, May 24, 2009

Wesak Parade 2009, KL - outing with CHAPs hardcore members

It has been quite a while since CHAPS had an outing. At the rate I am going now, Outing is a luxury. Since VII had a workshop in KL recently, I took the opportunity to view closely (in real prints!) the works of the best photographers in the world at Balai Seni Negara. It was an eye-opening experience...shots that I have been admiring on the internet, right in front of my eyes. I went with the kids and Wifey....
Then Rahman & the others with our guest of honor, Mr Siddharth Jain arrived, I stayed and the family went back. We went through two galleries, then had a drink. The grand finale was the Wesak Parade.....boy, what an interesting outing!! Based on inputs received, I am happy that I have moved to another notch, with lots of rooms for improvements, still!
It is not easy to frame emotion& feelings.....but I am getting there, insyaAllah...

Wesak 2009

Buddhists devotees touching a floater decorated with Buddhas in small "caves" during the Wesak 2009 Parade in Kuala Lumpur, MY.

Wesak 2009

A monk swarmed in bubbles, riding a colorful floater during the Wesak 2009 Parade in Kuala Lumpur, MY.

Wesak Day is an annual holiday observed traditionally by practicing Buddhists in South Asian & South East Asian countries, universally commemorated on the full moon in the lunar month of Viskha, usually during late April or early May. Informally called "Buddha's birthday," it actually encompasses the birth, enlightenment Nirvana, and passing (Parinirvana) of Gautama Buddha.

~ Khairil Faizi Jamian/ CHAPS, Malaysia


No comments: