Thursday, April 16, 2009

The prettiest Lady on Earth...and beyond

When I did a recent massive printing job for a client, the designer reminded me about the importance of post-editing. Yup...like it or not, photographers must be able to master the arts of post-editing/post-processing be it on whatever softwares & tools available....but of course it is up to the person how much editing he wants to use for his works....
I prefer minimal editing...the best for me is to get a perfect shot but if that is not quite achievable then post-editing is there to cater for the desired outcome. I learnt from my mentors, when it comes to post-editing, cropping & level adjustments would be more than enough to make good images, IF you are really a good photographer!!!....otherwise, if you found yourself spending hours or days to get the best out of that shot you took, you're a media artist...nothing wrong with that, it's what you want to be!

The shots presented are re-shoot of actual printed photos, shot on monochrome mode using my D300 with 50mm f1.8 Nikkor, edited on Nikon's Capture NX. The lady is my wife. When a subject is pretty, you will end up with a pretty shot...otherwise, you should not bother holding an expensive DSLR!

No comments: