Monday, July 21, 2008

36y + 12d and counting days....

1.
It's been almost 12 days. Been trying my best to cope with stuff in the Zoo....difficult to find time to write and when I am back at home, cannot keep awake that long anymore...fatigue. Maybe because I am forcing myself too much to do stuff for the Zoo - final stint Ah Torque! ...for the sake of friends who will still be there....just a couple more weeks to go......
Anyway, whatever I still have to endure at the Zoo, my celebration mode is still quite alive. We went to see Journey to the center of the Earth in 3-D, the most expensive movie ever for me - RM17 each! - but it was worth every single sen spent. The kids just enjoyed it and next in line would be Batman....woohoo!

Some more shots, my b-day cake cutting with the kids
The MC is non other than Miss Kepohchee-ketot....










2.
Other than trying to complete the whatevereitisthatIhavetocompletebeforeIgetthehelloutofthestinkingZoo stuff, I try to remain sane by solving the cube....
....which I managed to solve in a record time of 2min 11 sec. Anybody can try beat that I guess...I am just wondering how the world record was set at 8 seconds! I did not boy myself anything to mark the 36th b-day...tho I really am screaming inside to get that legendary supremo-wide lens that I am good in handling...but that can wait...the money means a lot more to some friends & relatives than me purchasing the lens, or anything at all...let them have it first, my time will come sooner or later insyaAllah.

3.
...and I finally managed to complete the editing job for the kids sports day, concept paper for Belantara & the shots done during the discussion session...now preparing for a golf tournament shoot mid August...

I have became "selfish" in many ways - no free shots anymore, I don't offer my skills or views or knowledge freely anymore to just about anybody, I don't give input or suggestion willingly unless the audience or the person who ask for it is worthy to be given such feedback....

Simply because I feel I can just trust some of the core members the ChAPs as really worthy friends, peers...while at the same time we still push & compete against each other to produce better works than any other....envied by some perhaps. Only them ChAPs dude in this world are kool tand worthy to be trusted!
....the rest - at The Zoo especially - I cannot say much about them anymore....the damage I have suffered is too much already. Really can't wait for August to arrive.

4.
The political scenario in this country has never been so interesting....I am apolitical but I must say, I have been a victim to the ruling party since I was 10 years of age. So, basically I have no respect to any leaders who has an empty space between their ears....and that is just it! Go figure!

Anyway, the current issue actually helped me a lot to build my portfolio...some of my shots were being hmmm...well, recognized, if I may use that word, by a couple of on-line photojournalism sites....


....one of the site approached me and asked for my permission to use one of my shots....did some negotiation and we'l see how it goes from here...another step forward for me...Alhamdulillah.

No comments: