Thursday, October 12, 2006

Today, I touched an Angel.....


If you read some recent entry of this blog, you'd probably read about Faris - adik seibu susu of Alisya & Naufal....

Faris is now an angel.....only after about 2 months of being a baby, he left the world to a better place around 8pm Tuesday......after spending half of his age in the ICU of a couple of hospitals and another half at home with his beloved family.

We went for the funeral...and could not stop our tears, especially when we saw the sister, Syahira, crying and holding the mother's hand, with her eyes almost never endingly focusing at her kid brother. She loves Faris so much and has been helping the parents to take care of him ever since he was allowed to leave the ICU.
The brother, Danial was less disturbed but from time to time he'd look at Faris, and once, after Faris was prepared for the final prayer, Danial actually went to touch his kid brother's little feet....moments before the prayer commence, the family members kissed Faris good-bye for the last time....Syahirah had to wipe her tears and held her emotions for couple of seconds - a big effort for a child her age. The family have even prepared baju raya for Faris....but in the end, Faris will onnly need a piece of white cloth cut to the shape of a baju and another piece to wrap his small body....

Alisya & Naufal did not had the chance to meet Faris - to my utmost regret - due to our weekend schedules. But I will make sure they know they have lost their baby brother and I will bring them to visit Faris when they are able to recite some surah lazim for him.
The arrangement went smoothly.....and I actually took some photos which I plan to keep and tell my twins when the time is appropiate. Though some may say it's inappropiate or what, my family have been doing it since me & by siblings were far away from the kampung in pursue of a pice of paper called a scroll, whenever close relatives left us for the other world....the least we can have are images of them leaving us, since we were thousands of miles away to attend the funeral....

We followed Faris to his last resting place.....the father did everything - from helping the imam to bathe Faris until securing the pieces of temporary tombstone.....he is a strong guy, I could not imagine how I could handle the situation if I am in his shoe....

Spent a couple of moments at Faris's grave before I finally made my move back to the office....although deep inside I feel like just going back home to hug & kiss all my kids.......

Uncle will join you, sooner or later Faris.....but no matter where you are, we will always love you, so much....

....but no matter how much we love Faris, Allah loves him even more.....insya-Allah he'll be there waiting for his parents & family when the time comes...

...our time will come too......

Rest in peace my little friend.....

No comments: