Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The B word

1.
On a recent entry in one of the forums I frequent, an entry about blue sky was started by a member....it is quite a feat nowadays if you are able to witness a clear blue sky in KeyEl. If you are about the same age as me - born in the early 70s - haze or "jerebu" is not a word commonly heard/ used/ read in the media. You may say it is not really that bad yes, but it is still bad. For instance, from the windows of my work station on the higher floors of the twotowers, I should be able to see up to the Straits of Melaka on a clear day (read: everyday - if we are talking about early 2000!) but now, it would be a good sight if I can really see where is the Telekom Tower. If that is not bad, then I do not know what is! If you have little children of your own, it IS a big concern.

2.
I use to remind myself from time to time to lie down and just watch the sky, especially when I am on a beach or anywhere "near to nature". Come to think of it, it has been a long time since I last done that. Should do it again soon with my babies....

3.
Ramadhan is back. Nothing special to celebrate for some but for me, it is the month where I will always reflect back on the last Ramadhan, my family members who are no longer with us and wonder whether there will be another Ramadhan for me. This year is different from any other years - we have a new baby in the house!
Have been doing tarawih prayers at home with wifey since we have the twins, this year is going to be the same. On the first day of fasting the twins joined us for prayers, they are just too cute...wonder what it would be like next year when Baby Aliya will already be able to join in!
......with the virus still inside and just relying on small pills currently out of supply, can't help but wonder if I will still be around next year....

4.
Have you ever experienced being cheated like an idiot by your employer & leaders of the country?
Well, I have!
.....this month despite the BIG B, my bottomline on the payslip is equivalent to me not getting the month's salary & a substantial chunk of the B was eaten away for tax....
Nothing much I can do about it....but in every single wajib and sunat prayers I will doa that whoever are involved in doing this injustice - the leaders and the followers - will get the equivalent balasan & bala to their whole family, dunia akhirat, laknat to these heartless people....


5.
Well, at least I have kept my promise to the kids...they got what they deserved and nothing is more rewarding than to see their smile & hear their laughter...

No comments: