Monday, April 24, 2006

Running with The Wind



April 24th. 2006

Came back home, very happy to meet the kids after a long day at the corporate zoo. ....and before long, I became McGuyver. Found the KOSS UPS was not "breathing", with the help of manual and using the tools I carry everywhere in my Crumpler, managed to revive it after changing the fuselage....only to realize the phone jacks are not working. Nothing wrong with all the phone cables, phone & modem work fine if surpass the UPS. Conclusion (for tonight) the phone jacks of the UPS are fried. There goes half of the UPS. Have to find alternative ways to protect the phoneline/ modem connection. For the time being had to gamble and let the modem connection goes bare and plug everything out everyday before going to the zoo. That's a free solution for now. For a non free solution, have to get an alternate UPS and use the KOSS as a backup protection at the hall......or get a surge protector just for the frigging phoneline & modem.

I'll have to sleep over it before deciding what to get....or build....

Meanwhile, here's what I managed to clock over the day, using Dino....

1.
I never thought how I would actually react to find out I am infected by Hepatitis-B. It seems that I do not have to think now, I am already infected and how I reacted was quite irrelevant. Whether I take it positive or negative, its going to be there with me. So why bother lament about it, I'd rather continue with what's left of my life and enjoy it while I am still allowed to do so.
Deep inside, I am praying hard I will have the opportunity to be around when my kids have their own children before I finally throw the white hanky to this virus. Its a long shot but I might as well get prepared and praying is the most important part of the preparation, any preparation at all.
Other than that, I am continuing to work already. First day in office today. It seems a bit quiet, most of the blokes are attending courses. I am supposed to attend one but am being replaced, which is good actually, I need some time to go through the e-mails and stuff.
There is nothing much I could do about the bloody virus now, so might as well get on with life and see what's come in the package in 2 weeks time.

2.
Last night was a treat, the San Marino race. Was wishing for Renault 1-2 but you cannot win them all, all the time. It will make the industry boring. Schumacher did well - as expected, no two ways about it since its their track and the characteristics are to their advantage. Seeing Alonso chasing the hell out of that Ferrari was a treat, though he started on 6th position with a used engine from last race. If that's the best Ferrari can offer to stage, I have no doubt, Renault will clinch the titles again this year. Yeah, titles, plural.
Yuji Ide is a disgrace. So is Jenson Button & his lollipopman. Overall, it was quite a boring race - half of the field was never seen on the screen. Tifosis are really not worth mentioning, no spirit of competition, boo-ing the other than their Fartrari cars. Just show how bad a loser they are lah kan?

3.
Now, back in the office after a speedy lunch with The Kimster, I am thinking what to do next. I sure have a lot to handle - am not sure where to start - but I just cannot set my priority at work now. The office is too quiet, still.
Maybe I should just check the stock of my part-time business. Yeah. Maybe. Collection of payments would be a bonus too.....it's almost pay-check time!

4.
I was supposed to attend a training but a replacement was found due to the fact that I was hospitalized and may be on MC. It was a relief actually, my concentration is minimal and still weak to deal with office stuffs - at least that's what I feel.
There will ba another sort of training tomorrow and the day after tomorrow and I was asked whether I could stand-in to replace a colleague who could not make it due to some arrangements. I definitely am not ready for this.....so I told everyone I am not strong enough to stand-in. I should attend the training I was supposed to attend instead of attentind as a stand-in. Anyways, we'll see how it goes.

5.
Why do we run with the crowd? We may not realize it but we always run with the crowd. there was this one advert, years ago that has the catchy phrase of : Why run with the crowd when you can run with the wind?
Cannot recall what advert was that now but it has always been in my mind, that phrase. It's cool & catchy, very catchy indeed.
And that's what I have been trying to do, all my life. I just hate being in the crowd, always trying to run away from it and be a bit different from the others, not to the extend of being a weirdo. Not totally different but in bits & pieces. It's satisfying, to a certain extent. Damaging? Not quite, not really....not at all actually.

No comments: