Saturday, January 08, 2005

Praying is better than sleeping

The Kubah in Putrajaya

This is a recent photo I captured - was trying my skills in full manual exposure and composition, pure amateur stuff this one is.

Anyways......what prompted me to post this one up was an incident during the Friday prayer yesterday. The KLCC masjid was quite packed and I arrived quite late (to my definition) but zuhur was yet to arrive.

After a few attempts to get a space for solat sunat, I managed to get a spot, where two brothers were comfortable sleeping.....Maybe they were very tired from work or what. The space they occupied while sitting bersila & sleeping is enough for two brothers to perform sunat prayer.

I am not saying they were not considerate, no.

My point is, why do people come to Friday prayer early and sleep, instead of doing sunat prayers or reciting the Quran or listening to the ceramah?

Maybe we treat Friday prayer as a "must do" instead of "love to do" event....maybe.....
I dunno....

I have never been to a rave party....Do people go there to sit and sleep while waiting for the main event to happen?

No comments: