Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Do we have time?

Watching Time

It's one of my favorite watches (well, I do not have many actually!)
This one's special cuz wifey love the design so much and bought it for me.
The other favorite one is a G-Shock that wifey and the twins bought for me, specially for Sepang F1 2004.

I am a simple person - well at least I really think I am lah - and for me, it's not about brand or prestige (i.e. the watch), but most importantly - watch is simply about time. Some people have watch to show-off (perhaps) some people have watch to show time....regardless whether they manage it effectively or not.

The thing is, we always seem to not have enough time.....why is it so? Is it because we have too many things to achieve within 24 hour time frame?

I look at "don't have enough time" from another angle....maybe it's not that we don't have enough time, but we don't treat time and the people or whatever thing we are supposed to do within that "time frame" with respect. We don't own time, the Almighty is the owner, we are only given the chance to use it...or rather we are being allocated a certain time frame for us to do things.

Confusing...but since I made it up, I understand it clearly lah! (I think!!)
To simplify it further - we need to "make use" of the "allocated" time for people and/or activities that are important or meaningful to us.....

....and as for now that "important activity" for me is....to hug my kids and sleep! So...good night!


Hmmm....let's see....my first watch was a Citizen, a present for getting number 1 in my first year class (something that became rather natural during my primary schooldays lah!). The first watch I lost was a Seiko 5 which I really love (present from parents for achieving something too). The second (and last hopefully) watch I lost was a Swatch - which I bought on my last trip to Kuching as a bachelor and it was on my wrist when I went on the pelamin a few years after that! Have no intention to buy any new watch(for now?) but what is more important is fulfilling my wish - to get Abah & Mak a Rado or Tissot as a gift.....insya-Allah...

No comments: