Saturday, January 15, 2005

Burning the bridge

(No Longer) My Best Workstation

That's my previous workstation, the best one I ever had in my years working in P37r0n45. Unfortunately, I have to clear it and vacant my permanent job position that allows me to have the workstation quite immediately after I was selected to join the current project team for one year (or so) .

It was not easy to be selected to join the team for a corporate wide strategic initiative. Also, it was a hard decision to let go of my permanent position but I have to think about what's best for me & my family.

Yeah....I am very happy to be with the current team, the best team I have ever being given the chance to join, frankly speaking. I quickly "revived" the skills and qualities in me that have died during my final years in p37ch3m - specifically in m17c0. Damaging years.

Last week and early this week, I spent the early hours of the day till dawn praying and revising the very thick syllabus for my re-assessment, after one year of being kept in the dark why I was denied my years overdue promotion . Actually I have learnt to accept that looking at how things have been going, I may not progress much in this organization.

...but Alhamdulillah, Allah is ever so grateful, after 1 hour of responding to the interviewers' questions with structured responses and reasonings coupled with the real practices I have done within the 8 years, I finally was told that as far as the interview session is concerned, I managed to qualify for my long due movement into a higher grade band.

I kinda impressed the interviewers too, it was very obvious to the main interviewer that I am qualified to move to the next level of position grade, I actually exceed in some of the requirements to be in that next position. "Really excellent" was one of his praises to my answers during the 1 hour session, while the others gave tacit approval for the remark, coupled with slow and steady nods (something that most people excels doing in meetings and such!)

A few hours after that, raising from sujud syukur, I quietly told myself....I am not that bad after all lah! .....and all this is for my Alisya, Naufal and lovely wife. dunno when I will officially get the grade but at least the main hurdle is done.

Talking to Nah after Maghrib today, I still wonder what would it be like if those people - in m17c0 or any units in that case - holding current managerial positions are to be asked to go through the same procedure......would they qualify to be in the position they are now?

Ahh well......something that's hard to get will mean a lot more to you. Just like what Hisham my good ol' T+ team mate, said to me "Good things come in small packages...."

So...

~ thanx to the excellent HR stupid strategic policies (in their own definition! in real terms - syok sendiri!) for my years overdue, painted with damaging confusions, lack of coaching and endless frustrations.
~ good-bye my ex-workstation, the opportunity to be there was nice....but I am eying for better ones insya-Allah
~ good-bye my previous position, I wish you could wait for me while I am here for a year or two...
~ good-bye and my sincerest thanx and apologies for anything I may have done to my previous unit of great colleagues...thanx for the 6 months of welcoming me...

~ thanx mak & abah for your doa
~ thanx mama, alisya & naufal for your love
~ thanx my T+ comrades for your support

....let's keep the small packages coming!

No comments: